Home Appraisals for Investors
As more investors enter the market and the inventory of profitable homes continues to decrease, you have less room for error.
Many investors unknowingly take on more risk by underestimating repair costs, overestimating after repair values (ARV), and purchasing in areas they are less familiar with.
During these times, it's important to proceed with vigilance. One effective way is to partner with Crawford Appraisal on your next investment project.
FREE 2015 MINNEAPOLIS INVESTOR STUDies!
Crawford Appraisal develops annual Minneapolis Investor Study for our clients, which is completely free of charge. In these study, we report average, median, low, and high GRMs and Sale Prices for duplexes, and the average, median, low, and high GRMs and rents for single-family homes in the following Minneapolis communities:
10 BENEFITS OF PARTNERING WITH Crawford Appraisal
- Affordability. Crawford Appraisal provides a wide variety of appraisal products that can be tailored to meet each client's budget
- You'll never overpay for a property. Whether you're flipping or you purchasing for cash flow, we can tell you the market value of any property before you make an offer.
- Same day, rush, and 24-hour appraisal service. We understand that sometimes deals happen fast and you need an appraisal on short notice. We can deliver our appraisal within 1 business day of your order. Find out more about out rush appraisal service.
- Proper measurement techniques are vital to pricing your home. Realtors and appraisers follow special guidelines when measuring square footage, and square footage is often the most important factor influencing your property's value. Have the added benefit of including a sketch with your marketing materials.
- We'll provide After Repair Values (ARVs). In addition to providing "as is" values, we can also tell you the after repair value of any property. Simply tell us the repairs that will be done, or show us photos of comparable work, and we will determine its ARV.
- You'll sell it for the highest price possible. Overpricing is the #1 cause of unsold real estate. Homes that are overpriced tend to sell for less than those that are appropriately priced. The difference can be as much as 10% of the property's market value.
- Reduce expenses. Not only will your investment sell for more, but by knowing its market value before you list, you'll be able to sell it faster and reduce your holding costs.
- Pricing a home can be challenging. This is even true for the most seasoned real estate agents (which is why we work with so many.) Each piece of real estate is unique. So whether it's due to an unfamiliar or atypical location, unique amenities or design features, functional and external obsolescence, or physical depreciation, our appraisers are experts in each market throughout our service area.
- Market Rent Studies. We'll use our private appraisal data resources to tell you if your units are underperforming, and if so exactly how much they will rent out for.
- Piece of mind. How can you put a price on that?